- New Abstract: An abstract has been added to the Usage Article section titled "HDM-4 adaptation for strategic analysis of UK local roads" which describes
a project conducted for the
Department for Transport, UK to
perform a strategic analysis of
<read abstract and links to full article>
Version 2 training course - 9th
- 13th September 2013 The
photograph below shows the
trainees on a recent HDM-4
training course hosted at the University of Birmingham
and delivered by Dr Eric
Details can be found at the
HDM-4 course in Road Management
- HDM-4 Version 2 - Enhanced Reporting
Templates: The HDM-4 Version 2 range of reports has been
enhanced with some new reports for programme and strategy
analysis, and reports to improve the ability for users to export
data for external use in other applications such as Excel. See the
Software Updates page for
- HDM-4 Version 2 Spanish Documentation: The HDM-4 Documentation series Volumes 1 - 3 are now available to download for registered users. See the Software Updates page for more information.
Contact Details: In order for HDMGlobal and their partners to respond to your enquiries efficiently please note the following contact email addresses:
HDMGlobal Sales Teams:
TRL Software activation team, UK - firstname.lastname@example.org
HDM-4 Software Support (UK based) - email@example.com
HDMGlobal introduces a new Associate Member: IKRAM Paves Sdn Bhd, Malaysia
About IKRAM: IKRAM Paves Sdn Bhd's main activity is to provide pavement and bridge data collection services to Roads Authorities including the Malaysian Public Works Department (PWD) and Malaysian Highway Authority. Their fleet includes two laser profilers, three Falling Weight Deflectometers and a Friction tester. IKRAM witnessed the introduction of HDM4 in the 1999 PIARC Conference in Kuala Lumpur and hosted the 'HDM4 Train the Trainers' programme in June 2000. In 2001, in collaboration with ARRB Transport Research Ltd, University of Birmingham and TRL Ltd, IKRAM undertook a project for the Malaysian Public Works Department to establish HDM-4 as the tool for managing the Malaysian Federal Roads network. A similar project was carried out for the Malaysian Highway Authority in 2003 to enable MHA monitor the condition of the highways more effectively. IKRAM has been supporting both the PWD and MHA in their application HDM-4 since. IKRAM are involved in actively promoting HDM-4 use in the management of the State and Local road networks.
<Visit IKRAM Paves Sdn Bhd's website>
- ***Training in 2013 *** HDM-4 Version 2 training course - November 2013 ICH have just been announced a new date for two courses to be held in November 2013. The courses will be taking place in Santiago, Chile, and will be conducted in Spanish. There will be a basic and an advanced course. For more details email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
in 2013 *** Course title: "HDM-4 and its application in the context of Public-Private Partnerships"
will be delivered by the Mexican
Institute of Transport at their
in San Fandila, Queretaro,
Mexico on 15th - 19th July 2013.
The aim of this course is to introduce the fundamental concepts underlying HDM-4 applications as well as providing attendees with basic training for using the software. For this, a number of workshops will be carried out comprising tasks such as data entering and editing, running the HDM-4 applications and configuring the software. Workshops will include examples concerning the economic and engineering assessment of investment options in the context of public-private partnerships.
<Visit the website (Spanish) >
HDM-4 Usage Article *** A new
article has been published
describing how HDM-4 was
selected for use in Tasmania
as the ‘best of breed’ tool of
choice to manage their network.
The article describes how HDM-4
was adapted to present a
defendable basis for estimating
Tasmania's long term strategic
funding needs and assisted in
the prioritisation of candidate
sites to address further
deterioration of the identified
segments and immediate safety
<... read more details ... >
<... list of HDM-4 Usage Articles ... >
- Applications of HDM-4: A new article has been submitted by Tyrone Tool, ARRB which looks at the importance of meeting the future investment needs for the maintenance and rehabilitation of the National Road Network in Queensland on the economy and road users with the support of HDM-4:
<Road investment strategies for Queensland>
- 'Applications of HDM-4'
Annual Competition We know
from the sales figures that
HDM-4 has been sold to over 100
different countries worldwide,
we know from the activities of
HDMGlobal members that HDM-4 is
used for a wide variety of
projects, but now we would like
to hear about your use of the
software, and be in with a
chance of wining US$150 and have
your article showcased on the
In the 2013 competition you are invited to submit a short article describing a practical or innovative use of HDM-4 Version 2.
<... read more details ... >
Previous winner - <Calibration of the Hourly Flow-Frequency Distribution Model Used by HDM-4>
The popular networking site LinkedIn is becoming an increasingly convienient way for people to interact with each other. With this in mind HDMGlobal has created
several groups to enable users of LinkedIn to have discussions on HDM-4. We hope you will come and join in the discussions:
HDM-4 User Group on LinkedIn
HDM-4 En Espaņol
- ***HDM-4 Exceeds 1500 licence Sales***
HDMGlobal is pleased to announce that sales of HDM-4 Version 2 have now
1500 licences to over 100 countries. With its evolving functionality and high reliability
HDM-4 Version 2 has over the
seven years since its launch shown itself to be, with sustained
level of sales, the internationally recognised software tool for conducting project appraisals
and analyses for road management and investment alternatives. The customers include government
departments, construction agencies, research agencies, funding/development banks, individual
consultants, Universities and training organisations.
Through the HDM-4 User Group meetings, workshops and presentations made by third parties at conferences we have seen HDM-4 used in a wide range of projects and a selection of these can be seen by downloading the presentations and articles from the free downloads area of the HDMGlobal website, or by viewing the example usage articles.
HDMGlobal would encourage any HDM-4 practitioner to write a short article to highlight how they have used HDM-4 successfully in a project they have been involved with and these will be profiled on the website. Please send to firstname.lastname@example.org
Road Congress. Mexico City - 26th
- 30th September 2011
were present at the PIARC
World Road Congress 2011 in Mexico
City. There were two HDM-4
workshops organised during the
week, one introducing HDMGlobal
and HDM-4 to potential and new
users, and the second included 6
presentations from existing
HDM-4 users giving details of
how they have used the software
and their experience of applying
it to a number of projects,
mainly in South America, but one
presentation from Namibia.
These workshops were a great success with ~60 people attending the first workshop, and ~130 people attending the second.
PIARC also kindly allocated space on their pavillion in the exhibition centre dedicated to HDM-4. This enabled HDMGlobal members Eric Stannard and Robert Mesnard, with help from Ricardo Solario (Mexican Instituite of Transport) and several of his colleagues, to meet existing HDM-4 users and to discuss HDM-4 to those interested in using the software.
< ... XXIVth World Road Congress ... >
Robert Mesnard (HDMGlobal/EGIS) talking to visitors in the HDM-4 area of the PIARC pavillion in the exhibition hall Robert Mesnard (HDMGlobal/EGIS) and Eric Stannard (HDMGlobal) waiting to meet and greet HDM-4 users in the PIARC pavillion Ricardo Solario (Mexican Institute of Transport) speaking at the HDM-4 Workshop: Introduction to HDM-4 Standing room only at the HDM-4 Workshop: HDM-4 for Users
- HDM-4 Version 2.08 Update: the
latest version of the HDM-4
software in HDM-4 Version 2.08
and is available to download for
existing licence holders. This
release fixes an issue that some
users were experiencing when
conducting a Project Analysis and
tried to include Accident Costs.
See the Software Updates page
for more details.
< ... read more details ... >
- ***NEW *** HDM-4 Related Articles Available for Download: the fourth quarter 2009 edition of ROUTES/Roads magazine published by PIARC contained several articles related to HDM-4/HDMGlobal. The article titles and links to download them can be found on the Free Downloads page. < ... read more details ... >
- HDM-4 Version 1.x Users IMPORTANT PLEASE READ : under the terms of the agreement HDMGlobal agreement with PIARC, technical support for HDM-4 Version 1.x will be available for the first year only. Therefore existing HDM-4 Version 1.x users should be aware that support for this version of the software will cease on 1st August 2006. Please contact the HDMGlobal sales team for a quote or more details <...contact the sales team...>
- PIARC have signed an agreement with HDMGlobal who are now responsible for the management and exclusive distribution of the HDM-4 software for the next five years. The consortium is a partner between the Highway Management Research Group, a UK based association of the University of Birmingham, and ...... <read full details...>